There are many 50th anniversary scrapbook ideas that can help you create a meaningful album to celebrate a friend or family member's long and happy marriage.
Gathering Photos and Memorabilia
Over 50 years of marriage, a couple will undoubtedly accumulate many memories. Therefore, you'll have plenty of options when selecting photos and memorabilia for your scrapbook. For example:
- A description of how the couple first met and fell in love
- Photos from the couple's courtship and engagement
- Wedding photos
- A copy of the wedding program
- A list of wedding guests and gifts received
- A description of the couple's honeymoon
- Photos from the 1st, 10th, 20th, 30th, and 40th anniversary celebrations
- A timeline detailing important events in the couple's marriage, such as buying a new home, taking a special vacation, retirement, or the birth of children and grandchildren
- Letters from friends and family sharing anecdotes about the happily married couple's life together
Since many couples plan special celebrations to mark their 50th wedding anniversary, you may want to leave a few pages at the end of your album for souvenirs from this event. If you don't want to have completely blank pages in your album, consider creating layouts that simply leave extra space for photos and journaling.
If you're planning to make your 50th anniversary scrapbook as a surprise gift, you'll want to be very discreet when gathering materials for your pages. Ask friends and family members for help to prevent the honored couple from becoming suspicious!
Choosing Your Supplies
In most cases, choosing a color scheme for a 50th anniversary album is a relatively simple task. Since the 50th anniversary is traditionally considered the "golden anniversary," you'll want to add plenty of sparkling gold accents on your pages. It's also a good idea to incorporate the couple's wedding colors into your pages. Cardstock, patterned paper, stickers, ribbon, eyelets, and vellum are available in almost every color imaginable.
Supplies for 50th anniversary scrapbooks can be purchased from a large craft store such as Hobby Lobby or Michaels Crafts. You can also shop online at the following retailers:
50th Anniversary Scrapbook Ideas for Journaling
Quotes can be a great way to add a finishing touch to any anniversary scrapbook. These quotes about marriage would make an excellent addition to your 50th anniversary album:
- "Marriage--a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose." --Beverly Nichols
- "There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love." --I Corinthians 13:13
- "True love stories never have endings." --Richard Bach
- "Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends." --Harville Hendrix
- "The highest happiness on earth is marriage." --William Lyon Phelps
- "Marriage is the perfection of what love aimed at, ignorant of what it sought." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "When you make a sacrifice in marriage, you're sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship." --Joseph Campbell
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." --Mignon McLaughlin
- "Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day." --Gene Perret
- "An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow." --Author Unknown
- "Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear." -John Lennon
You may also want to consider using one of the following poems as part of your 50th anniversary scrapbook ideas: