Provo Craft's Cuttlebug machine is a cutting and embossing tool used by crafters and scrapbookers. Whether you are making cards, scrapbook layouts, or posters, the versatility of this machine makes it a must have for all sorts of projects. When in the market for your next craft tool, consider what you can do with a Cuttlebug machine.
Cuttlebug Machine Features
- Fully manual, does not require electricity to operate
- Folds up for easy transport
- Cuts or embosses images up to six inches wide
- Works on cardstock, foam, cork, felt, chipboard, poster board, and thin fabrics
The Cuttlebug is simple to operate. Insert the dies or folders, add the material you wish to cut and turn the handle. The platform moves under the cutting tool and cuts or embosses the shape. Lift out the other side and separate the shape from the die or folder.Though the widest width is only six inches, any length can be embossed. Starting at the end, card stock is inserted and embossed. The machine is then opened and the paper manually moved so that the embossed end is fed to the other side of the platform and the flat part of the paper is placed on the platform. As the handle is turned, the paper is embossed. The process is repeated until the entire length of paper is embossed.
There are several different types of dies sold to accompany the Cuttlebug machine. In addition to Cuttlebug dies, other machine dies such as Sizzix and Quickutz can be used in the Cuttlebug machine.
- The 2-inch by 2-inch Cut Only Single Dies are small die shapes that offer an economical way to grow your die collection. This is especially helpful if you have a specific shape you use most often because you only have to buy that one.
- Two Step Cut Dies are actually two die shapes that are put together to form a single shape such as flowers or butterflies.
- The 2-inch by 6-inch Bundle Dies are larger shapes typically sold in themes such as Christmas or sports. The set is three dies intended to be used together to complete full layouts.
- The 3-inch by 3-inch Dies are larger versions of the 2-inch by 2-inch dies and are available in over 100 shapes.
- Alphabet dies are also available in the 2-inch by 6-inch size and are made so that the entire alphabet fits on 10 dies to save on space.
- The 2-inch by 2-inch Themed Dies are sold in sets of four and cover everything from school, sports, and holidays to sayings, animals, and geometric shapes.
- Embossing folders are designed to add texture to layouts and cards by pressing a 3D image into card stock. The standard embossing folder is a 5-inch by 7-inch mat with an overall pattern. This type of folder is used to create backgrounds.
- A border folder is also available in both 7-inch and 12-inch lengths to be used on cards or layouts.
- Specialty folders include tags, labels, and monogram seals. These can be embossed then cut out for use on packages, letters, or gift baskets.
- Sets of embossing folders are sold in winter land, love, floral, and holiday themes and are sold in sets of four.
Make the most of the Cuttlebug machine by using it to create handmade gifts. Whether it is scrapbook albums, cards, or gift wrap decorations, the recipient is sure to appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness that went into the gift.