Making Memories Slice cartridges give you a number of options for making creative embellishments for your layouts.
Making Memories Slice Machine
The Making Memories Slice machine is one of the hottest scrapbooking tools around. This portable machine cuts designs from patterned paper, cardstock, vellum, vinyl, and photos. Advantages of the Slice include:
- Runs on a rechargeable battery
- Does not require a computer to use
To learn more about how the Making Memories Slice machine works, check out this quick video demonstration.
Exclusive Design Options
Making Memories is widely known as a leader in the scrapbooking industry. The company creates albums, patterned paper, stickers, rub-ons, chipboard, and a variety of other embellishments that reflect all the latest paper crafting trends. Not surprisingly, the Slice features high quality graphics you can't find anywhere else.
Design cards for the Making Memories Slice include fonts in a variety of styles as well as general shapes, seasonal graphics, themed accents, and common phrases. Each of the Making Memories Slice cartridges also includes features such as mirroring and shadowing that let you get even more unique looks from the same set of designs.
If you're having trouble deciding which design cartridges to buy, ask yourself the following questions:
- What types of fonts do I use the most in my layouts? Having a good sense of your personal scrapbooking style is the key to avoiding unnecessary purchases. Look back at your old scrapbooks to see what fonts you seem to favor and select Slice cartridges that coordinate well with your favorites.
- Do I want a cartridge with common phrases or one with the entire alphabet? Phrase cartridges can be a good timesaver if you like one or two word titles on your layouts, but having the entire alphabet gives you more creative options.
- What scrapbook themes do I use most often? If you enjoy scrapbooking birthday parties or you make a lot of vacation layouts, cartridges covering these themes may be useful. If you are more of an "everyday moment" scrapbooker, however, you may not find too many uses for themed designs of any type.
- Can I think of at least five layouts I'd like to make with this cartridge? A die cutting machine only saves you money if you use each cartridge several times. For a one-time scrapbooking project, you're better off buying a sheet of stickers or rub-ons.
With new design cards released on a regular basis, you may find that your Making Memories wish list exceeds your budget. If you have friends nearby who scrapbook, consider getting together to plan your Making Memories Slice cartridge purchases. Sharing design cards as needed is a simple way to make sure you can enjoy the entire library of embellishment options while still sticking to your budget. If you don't have any scrapbooking buddies, keep in mind that some scrapbook stores also allow customers to use their die cutting machines and cartridges during crops or rent them for a small fee.
Buying Making Memories Slice Cartridges
The design cards for the Making Memories Slice retail for about $40, although frugal scrapbookers can often find sales and special promotions on these products.
The Making Memories Slice cartridges, as well as the machine itself, are available at large craft stores such as Hobby Lobby, Joann Crafts, and Michaels Crafts as well as specialty scrapbook supply stores. If you're having trouble finding what you need locally, however, you may wish to purchase your Slice cartridges from one of the following Web sites: