Adding a Memory Makers embellishment center to your home or craft room can help you organize your scrapbooking supplies neatly, allowing you to increase your efficiency and creativity. However, since the company is not currently offering this useful item for sale, busy scrapbookers will have to find other methods in which to store their craft goods.
If you've ever spent time hunting for a particular accessory or embellishment, you know how frustrating it can be to not have what you need at hand. While the image of a jumbled, disorganized craft space seems to be the norm for some, many crafters take the time to carefully and neatly arrange their rooms or areas. Not only do you avoid the frustration of not being able to get your hands on what you want, your craft area is more inviting. Instead of looking for things, you can immediately get to work and create.
This is where the Memory Makers embellishment center tries to help. With a compact set-up, scrapbookers and other paper crafters can easily see what they have. It's all organized in one spot, allowing you to focus on crafting and not spend precious minutes hunting for brads, buttons, eyelets and other small items.
About the Memory Makers Embellishment Center
Highlights of this impressive storage area include:
- Shelving: Five shelves will hold a good amount of accessories and embellishments. Each shelf isn't exactly like the others, which is helpful for holding different types of supplies. The long and open bottom shelf accommodates a dowel, which is perfect for holding all those ribbon spools you didn't know what to do with. Other shelves feature compartments of varying sizes, allowing you to store large and small jars, containers and tins.
- Clear jar options: Sold separately, the plastic jars designed for the center are a perfect fit and just what the avid scrapbooker needs to hold all of her brads, grommets, buttons and eyelets. Being able to see your supplies at a glance greatly cuts down on time you waste opening and closing non-transparent containers. The uniformity of the jars also lends a neat and pleasing appearance to the center. Since the containers are made of plastic instead of glass, you also won't have to worry about a jar breaking if it's dropped.
- Easy set-up: This embellishment center, which measures 25 x 31.5", can either be mounted on a wall or leaned against it. It's pre-assembled so you don't have to put anything together.
Although this center is great for organization, it does have some downsides, such as:
- No paper storage: Paper is a big part of scrapbooking and there's just no place to store it suitably in this center. Granted, it's called an "embellishment center," so it's made for embellishments and accessories, but paper crafters won't be able to store everything they need in it.
- Not currently available: At one point, Memory Makers carried this item, but it's not currently available, unless you happen to find one up for auction at a site like eBay.
If you missed out on getting an embellishment center from Memory Makers, you can still organize your craft space. With the increase in crafting in recent years, scrapbook and other manufacturers strive to meet the needs of creative people with inventive storage solutions. Try these ideas for your scrapbook organization needs:
- Scrapbook.com offers many options for the paper crafter, including stackable units like the 26-drawer craft center organizer or the ribbon storage box, which may hold up to a dozen rolls.
- All Craft Supplies carries rolling carts perfect for storing papers flat, compact scrapbook organizers and small stackable jars that will hold all of your smallest embellishments.
- Scrapbooks etc. also provides creative ideas on how to store those tiny accessories that make your books unique and memorable.
Neat, Tidy and Creative
However you choose to organize your scrapbook supplies, make sure your set-up works for you. Some crafters need to have a space for every single little item, while others are more freewheeling. If you can't get your hands on an embellishment center, you still have plenty of options for your craft space.