Creating a scrapbook gift to honor mom is a wonderful way to show your mother just how much you appreciate all she has done for you.
Making a Scrapbook Gift to Honor Mom
Even if you're a novice scrapbooker, you can create a scrapbook gift to honor mom. Framed scrapbook pages, mini-theme albums, and photo home décor are just some of the possibilities to consider.
Framed Scrapbook Page
Framed scrapbook pages are the easiest way to make a scrapbook gift to honor mom since they don't require the time investment it takes to create an entire album. In fact, you can create a framed scrapbook page in as little as 30 minutes.
The process for designing a framed scrapbook page is the same as creating any other scrapbook layout. You'll need to combine a few photos with some text and flowers, buttons, ribbon, or motherhood-themed stickers. If you're having trouble deciding what to say on your framed scrapbook page, consider using a poem or quote as the basis for your layout.
- Scrapbook Poems about Mothers
- Quotes for Mom
- Scrapbook Poems about Grandmothers
- Quotes about Grandmothers
You can purchase 12x12 frames for your finished page at your local scrapbook store or buy frames online from the following retailers:
Mini Theme Album
If you have a little more time to devote to creating a scrapbook gift to honor mom, consider making a mini theme album showcasing your favorite photos and memories. Mini theme albums are most commonly done in a 6x6 or 8x8 size, although you may choose to do a smaller or larger album if you're working with oddly sized photos. Popular ideas for motherhood-themed albums include:
- "The Joys of Motherhood" takes a lighthearted look a funny incidents mom has dealt with throughout the years.
- "Opposites Attract" shows how mothers and daughters who don't seem to have much in common on the surface still have an undeniable bond.
- "10 Things I Love About You" is a short and sweet tribute to mom's most admirable qualities.
- "Happy Childhood Memories" is a trip down memory lane.
- "The ABCs of Motherhood" offers a clever way to add structure to random facts, quotes, and memories about your mom.
- "What You Taught Me about Being a Mom" discusses the lessons you've learned about being a mother from your own mom.
- "Generations of Love" showcases the connections between mothers, daughters, sisters, nieces, granddaughters, and other relatives in a happy extended family.
While many crafters choose to create their theme albums using traditional paper scrapbooking supplies, digital scrapbooking makes it surprisingly simple to create a themed album as a scrapbook gift to honor mom. Digital kits are pre-coordinated, so all you need to do is add your photos and text. If you want, you can even print an extra copy of your album for yourself or another family member. You can find motherhood-themed digital kits on the following websites:
Photo Home Décor Items
If you're look for a unique way to create a scrapbook gift to honor mom, pick up a copy of Creating Keepsakes' The Ultimate Guide to Photo Keepsakes to learn how to create customized memory crafts that transform everyday objects into mini-scrapbooks that show your mom just how much you care. Projects covered include:
- Serving tray
- Coffee mug
- Address book
- Decorated photo album
- Tile coasters
- Bulletin board
- Key chain
- Wall hanging
- Jewelry box
You can also use a web-based service such as Shutterfly to create a photo keepsake for mom.