Scrapbooking with My Mind's Eye die cuts is easier than you may think. My Mind's Eye is a Utah based scrapbook company founded in 1999. The company started with a series of die cuts shaped like children in bright primary colors. As the trends changed, so did the company. My Mind's Eye has produced more than 30 different lines of products in themes from holidays to quotes. Their philosophy is that scrapbooking is not reserved for only the artistically talented people of the world but for anyone who wants to preserve her story. By offering theme based product lines that include coordinating paper and embellishments, the buyer can spend less time trying to decide what supplies to use and more time actually scrapbooking.
About Die Cuts
Die cuts are shapes made from heavy weight card stock and range from simple outlines to extremely intricate designs such as snowflakes. My Mind's Eye produces mostly simple cut outs that are color printed to match the cardstock or patterned paper from the same line.
My Mind's Eye Product Lines
- Life Stories features die cut journaling cards and shapes in a vintage sepia tone color.
- Be Loved features Valentines and romance paisley shapes with love sayings such as "True Love Stories Never Have Endings".
- Love Me Do features bright upbeat colors and words from the famous Beatles song.
- Bloom and Grow features a colorful blend of flowers and border die cuts along with journaling blocks.
- As the name suggests Boo To You is a tribute to Halloween with chipboard die cuts in a variety of spooky characters.
- Colorful Christmas is a delightful mix of super cute snowmen, penguins and bundled up children.
- Breaking Free is an entire series of themes featuring laid-back summer styles.
- Andrea Victoria is a sophisticated mix of graphic florals and batiks intended for elegant layouts.
Ideas for Scrapbooking with My Mind's Eye Die Cuts
Obviously, die cuts can help convey a theme or message through a simple title. They also can provide that little something extra to take a layout from good to great. If you want to increase the visual interest on your die cut layouts, consider trying some of these tips.
- Add stamping ink to the edges for a worn, antiqued look. This technique works especially well with the Life Stories product line because the vintage feel is wonderful on heritage layouts.
- Layer multiple flower die cuts to create a veritable garden on page. For a 3-dimensional effect, add a color coordinated brad to the center of each flower for a raised look. Using this technique with die cuts from the Bloom and Grow collection makes it easy to coordinate with the patterned paper.
- Another die cut technique is to add pop dots to the back of some of the die cuts they literally pop off the page.
- Glue rhinestones or sequins around the outer edge of die cut quotes about love to present a more formal look. This is especially effective on wedding or prom layouts using the Andrea Victoria line.
- Edge the side of a photo mat or title with a grouping of several small die cuts to make a bigger impact. Use this technique to create a border by slightly overlapping several die cuts of the same theme. If you have one much larger die cut, place that one first then work out from there with the others.
- Tell a story with your die cuts by interspersing them among your journaling. For example, when you journal about decorating a Christmas tree, put a die cut of a tree in place of the actual words to show a pictorial version of your journaling. This adds a whimsical touch to festive layouts.
Regardless of which product line you choose, scrapbooking with My Mind's Eye die cuts brings life to your pages. Though My Mind's Eye products can be used as is, putting a few additional touches adds pizazz as well as that personal touch to make each layout an original.