If you are looking for a way to create a special tribute to your sister in a scrapbook, consider using quotes about sisters and sisterhood. Quotes are a great way to put into words how you feel.
Guide to Selecting Quotes
When selecting sister quotes, it is important to select those that are appropriate for the project. To pick the right quotes, consider the following:
- Your sister's personality: Your sister's personality can help determine the most appropriate quotes. Humor may work for some sisters but for others, sentimental quotes are best.
- The occasion for the scrapbook: The occasion for the scrapbook may also affect the type of quotes selected. For example, if you intend to give the scrapbook as a high school graduation gift, the quotes may focus on your sister's transition from childhood to young adulthood and her achievements.
- The tone of the scrapbook: The scrapbook tone largely depends on the occasion and personality of the sister. Some scrapbooks can be a mixture of humor and sentimentality, while others will be one or the other.
- The message of the scrapbook: Think about the overall message of the scrapbook when selecting quotes. Choose quotes that work toward the general message of the scrapbook.
Here are some sister quote ideas for scrapbook projects:
- "Sisters by blood, friends by choice." - Unknown author
- "When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder who stands a chance against us?" - Pam Brown
- "She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child." - Barbara Alpert
- "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." - Marion C. Garretty
- "A true sister is a friend who listens with her heart." - Unknown author
- "Is solace any more comforting than in the arms of a sister?" - Alice Walker
- "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet." - Vietnamese proverb
- "Sisters are forever friends." - Unknown author
- "To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confidant, it is to have a soul mate for life." - Victoria Secunda
- "Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow." - Benjamin Disraeli
- "How wide and sweet and wild motherhood and sisterhood can be." - Rebecca Wells
- "What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it?" - Jenny DeVries
- "Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five." - Pam Brown
- "Helping one another is part of the religion of sisterhood." - Louisa May Alcott
- "My sister taught me everything I really need to know and she was only in sixth grade at the time." - Linda Sunshine
- "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." - Isadora James
- "You can kid the world, but not your sister." - Charlotte Gray
- "We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory." - Evelyn Loeb
- "Of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one the dancer." - Louise Gluck
- "I smile because you are my sister, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!" - Anonymous author
- "Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that's never lost is your sister." - Gail Sheehy
- "Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life." - Charles M. Schultz
- "A sister is both your mirror and your opposite." - Elizabeth Fishel
- "A ministering angel shall my sister be." - William Shakespeare
- "Because angels are sometimes buy elsewhere, God created sisters like you." - Sal Williams
- "A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I've got." - Unknown author
- "For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands." - Christina G. Rossetti
- "A sister is the one friend who remains when all others walk away." - Unknown author
Creative Scrapbooking Uses for Sister Quotes
There are a number of ways to use sister scrapbooking quotes. Here are some ideas:
- Write the quote around a photo in the form of a frame.
- Spread the words of the quote throughout the page artistically. For example, write various words inside decorative elements such as stars or in the various color blocks of a rainbow.
- Write words of the quote in a series of pages, using a different page for each word or phrase.
- Create a paper design with the words of the quote running continuously throughout the page. Use the special paper for a page design.
How to Find Sister Quotes Online
Many websites have free printable sister quotes. The following websites offer sister quotes:
- Scrapbook.com: Scrapbook.com has a number of sentimental sister quotes that talk about sisterhood and relationships.
- Great Inspirational Quotes: The site has many popular sister quotes, some from famous authors.
- Quote Garden: Quote Garden has a variety of sentimental and humorous quotes.
Using sister quotes when you scrapbook can help personalize a project. With the large selection of quotes available, you can easily find the right ones for your project.