If you're making an album for your baby, adding the right saying to your scrapbook layouts can help complete the page. Whether sentimental and sweet or slightly humorous, these sayings can be the perfect addition to your project. Use them by themselves to accompany a special photo or as a way to jumpstart your scrapbook journaling.
Baby Scrapbook Page Titles
Short scrapbook sayings often work well as page titles, especially for all those cute photos of your baby that don't fit well into other scrapbook layouts. For example:
- A Star Is Born
- An Angel without Wings
- Bundle of Joy
- Children Are the Heart of the Family
- Special Delivery
- Watch Me Grow
- Wishes Do Come True
- There's No Stopping Me Now
- You Color My World
- Great Expectations
- Heaven Sent from Above
- I'm Going Places
- Loved to Pieces
- I Loved You Before I Met You
You can find more ideas for baby scrapbook page titles by visiting the Scrapbook.com title library. This helpful resource includes suggestions for general baby titles, baby boy titles, baby girl titles, and titles for pages about adopting a baby.
Baby Scrapbook Quotes
Quotes can be used as embellishments for a scrapbook page, as substitutes for journaling, or as a way to begin your own writing for a particular layout. Here are some ideas for quotes that would work well on a baby scrapbook page:
- "Every child begins the world again...." - Henry David Thoreau
- "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." - Carl Sandburg
- "What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all." - Benjamin Spock
- "I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone
- "Babies are such a nice way to start people." - Don Herold
- "Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one." - Leo J. Burke
- "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" - Author Unknown
- "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." - Author Unknown
- "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Birth is not only about making babies. It's about making mothers; strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and believe in their inner strength." - Barbara Katz Rothman
- "A baby is a blank check made payable to the human race." - Barbara Christine Seifert
- "Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." - John W. Whitehead
- "Children make you want to start life over." - Muhammad Ali
While online resources can be an excellent source of inspiration, they are not the only place you should look for sayings for your baby scrapbook. Consider the following ideas:
- Quotes from other family members, especially your baby's siblings, about what makes your baby special
- Quotes from favorite children's books
- Lyrics from special songs you've sung to your baby
- Poems on greeting cards you received when your baby was born
- Meaningful Bible verses
To help keep track of sayings you might want to include in your baby's scrapbook, keep a small notebook in your purse. Jot down ideas when inspiration strikes, even if you don't have a specific layout in mind. Having a personal library of sayings to choose from will make it easier to make scrapbook layouts the next time you're suffering from a case of writer's block.
Using Sayings as a Design Element
Beginning scrapbookers often use sayings simply by printing them in a pretty font and pasting them onto their layout. There's nothing wrong with this approach, but it's far from the only option. For example:
- Start your page title with a large drop cap letter for a dramatic effect.
- Replace words in your saying with images. Use a heart punched from pretty patterned paper to substitute for the word "love" or use a paper piecing for the word "diaper."
- Highlight key words in your quote or saying by going over them with a thin wash of scrapbook chalk.
- Repeat a short saying multiple times on a solid background to make your own patterned paper.
- Search for free fonts with baby themes to add creative typographical treatments to your quotes.
- Add your favorite quote to a piece of vellum, then layer it over a photo for a soft and dreamy effect.
- Use rub-on letters to add a saying to the empty background space in a large photo of your newborn.
- Stamp the quote onto a strip of ribbon using your favorite alphabet stamps.
- Add a quote to a tag embellished with themed stickers and die cuts.
- Use a saying as your page title by combining sticker letters, alphabet brads and chipboard to create a fun mixed media effect.
- Fit several photos on one scrapbook layout, using a quote as the basis for the cover of an interactive mini book that attaches to your page.
Create a Page That Says It All
The right title and wording on a page can really bring it together. Give some thought to each page and finish with the right saying to make your scrapbook memorable.