Free flowers for digital scrapbooking work well for almost any layout theme. You can use a single flower as an accent or create entire floral borders and photo frames to showcase your special memories.
The following flower images are free to download and use in your scrapbooking projects. Detailed instructions for using them are below.
Using Flowers for Digital Scrapbooking
Using digital downloads is a great way to keep your scrapbooking budget under control. If you create a file on your computer with different free flower downloads, you'll be able to easily pick flowers to match any color scheme you desire.
Follow these simple steps to add pretty flower embellishments to your projects:
- Click on the image to download the file of your choice.
- Open the file using Adobe Reader. This is a free program that comes pre-installed on most computers. If you don't have it one your computer, download it from the Adobe website.
- When your file is open in Adobe Reader, you'll see a link to a .PNG attachment on the right side of the screen. Save the attachment to your computer.
- Open the attachment in the image editor or scrapbooking software of your choice.
- Cut the flower you want to use out of the image. The background is transparent, so you can can just use the rectangular marquee selection tool to choose the flower you need for your project.
- Copy and paste the flower into your layout.
- Position the flower in the correct spot using your program's move tool.
If you're a traditional scrapbooker, here's how to use the flowers on your layouts:
- Print the file onto acid free cardstock suitable for scrapbooking. Use the highest quality settings your printer will allow. If the colors seem off when you are done printing, check to make sure your printer is not running low on color ink. A cartridge than is less than 1/4 full can affect the quality of your color printouts.
- Cut out the images using a sharp craft knife or fine tipped scissors suitable for detail work, such as the Titanium Scissors from EK Success. After cutting, you may ink the edges of the flowers or sand them slightly for a distressed look. A thin coat of glitter glue could also be used around the edges to give your flowers a bit of sparkle.
- Adhere the flowers using an acid-free glue stick or double-sided scrapbooking tape. To create a layered effect, add smaller flowers to the larger bottom flowers and fold up the edges slightly so they will appear to rise off the page.
- If desired, add a decorative center embellishment to your flower. Small rhinestones, buttons, or decorative brads can add style to simple flowers.
More Printable Flowers
Additional printable flowers can be found on the following websites:
- Sister Suitcase has a collection of Mother's Day flower tags that would be great for adding to any layouts about your mom.
- Pickle Bum has flowers that were created to use as pretend play accessories for a child's garden. They could easily be added to your scrapbook page.
- Homemade Gifts Made Easy has flowers can can be cut, folded, and assembled to make dimensional scrapbook embellishments. Several different color options are available.
Digital Scrapbook Kits With Flowers
If you'd prefer a more coordinated scrapbooking solution, consider downloading a kit that includes flowers as well as matching patterned papers and embellishments such as photo turns and decorative clips. These flowers will often be .PNG graphic files, which can be opened using any image editing software. For example:
- Bunny Love quick page features a photo frame surrounded by a bunny and a floral arrangement. It's perfect for memorializing that perfect spring shot.
- Lucky Charms features backgrounds in muted oranges, whites and greens, as well as bold floral accents. Add a girly touch to your St. Patrick's Day or Feis scrapbooks.
- Summer Love is a kit with mint green, pink and gold accents. There are two floral papers, and the other six sheets coordinate with the florals adding interest with flamingos, dots, stripes and fancy designs.
- Daisy Trail features several free kits that feature florals. Examples include Bright Blooms which features daisy and similar floral elements, as well as Water Garden whose florals are in bold purples and greens.
A Must-Have Addition to Your Supply Stash
Flowers are amazingly versatile, which makes them an essential component of any scrapbooker's supply stash. Whether you prefer realistic looking flowers or those with a handmade feel, digital downloads make it easy to find exactly what you need.