If you want a fresh, feminine look for your scrapbooking pages, consider adding spring flower scrapbook papers to your design as backgrounds and embellishments.
Download Spring Scrapbook Paper
If you have a color printer, you can print your own paper for free. The following are designs made by LoveToKnow, free for you to download and print. If you need help downloading the printables, check out these helpful tips.
Styles of Spring Flower Scrapbook Papers
When choosing your papers for an album, bear in mind the general style of your photos and their subject. If your album is for a baby girl, you may want to choose delicate pastels for a traditional style or bright colors and strong outlines for a contemporary look. The following are styles that you may want to consider for your spring flower scrapbook theme:
- Vintage and Victorian: Victorian style and floral prints are synonymous. If you want an antique or old-world floral paper and can't find one, simply layer a translucent brown scrapbooking or acid-free vellum over your new spring flower paper with spray adhesive. You can also age your paper by crumpling and then unfolding it, and then brushing a brown ink wash lightly over its surface. When the paper dries, you can press it with an iron set to its lowest temperature, and it will look well-worn. Delicate floral print papers, such as those with roses, peonies, and iris, will also add an old-fashioned mood to your scrapbook layouts.
- Art Nouveau: Floral prints with green vines are perfect for an Art Nouveau or Art Deco scrapbook page, though for true Art Deco style you may want to choose a more simple, architectural floral print, such as one with Calla Lilies. Pick pastel colors to stay true to the style.
- Modern or Contemporary: Choose spring flower scrapbook paper with well-defined and large flowers for a young, contemporary look. You can make a surprisingly modern layout using vintage Japanese floral prints, as these tend to be less cluttered and more refined than traditional European or American florals.
- Abstract: Create your own abstract spring flower scrapbook paper by quickly painting your impression of spring flowers on scrapbook paper with ink or water colors. Use bright spring colors and swift, loose strokes. Abstract florals will help draw the eye toward the photos in your scrapbook, which should be the main focus of the page.
Additional Resources for Spring Floral Papers
The following resources include both traditional scrapbook papers and digital scrapbooking papers. You can download digital papers right away, rather than waiting until you get a chance to stop by the scrapbooking store. Bear in mind that you can print digital scrapbooking backgrounds on acid-free paper, as printer ink is safe to use in scrapbooking.
- Scrapbook.com: Time to Flourish paper pad features traditional floral patterns with coordinating solid background papers.
- Desktop Papers: Floral collage letterhead adds a spring punch of color.
- Your Scrapbook Place: Pink Daisies and several other patterns will give your pages a fresh look.
- JoAnn Fabric and Crafts: The Fresh Floral Stack collection has floral prints and complementary designs.
- Esty: The Hello Spring collection features beautiful blue flowers and complementary patterns.
- Free Pretty Things: Vintage inspired tea roses in three different colors
- Studio Girls: Beautiful, vintage style floral background papers
- ScrapbookScrapbook: Free paisley spring floral printable downloads in various sizes
Make Your Own Floral Papers
When you have searched high and low and have failed to find the perfect floral scrapbook paper for your layout, it's time to get creative and make your own. Considering using these supplies:
- Rubber stamps with floral designs, either randomly spaced or stamped in a pattern
- Craft or wallpaper border stencils
- Acid-free stickers or rub-ons
- Floral wrapping paper or fabric sprayed with acid-free spray like Krylon's "Make it Acid Free" and placed with adhesive spray onto a scrapbook page
- Your own painted or sketched flowers
- Your children's drawings
- Scanned images of real flowers, printed on acid-free paper or used for digital scrapbooking
- Re-color floral papers that are not in your ideal spring colors, either by hand or in a digital image editing application, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Acid-free tissue paper or vellum placed over bright floral papers to tone down dramatic papers or to tint them
When you use these resources and ideas, there is no limit to the number of styles and colors in which you can find your perfect floral scrapbook papers for spring.