Whether you're scrapbooking photos of your holiday decorations or pictures of your children opening presents under the tree, Christmas quotes for scrapbook pages can be used to reinforce the theme of a special layout.
Popular Christmas Quotes for Scrapbook Pages
Although it's possible to purchase embellishments with Christmas quotes and sayings, you may find it easier to create your own scrapbook accents using the quote of your choice.
Quotes About Decorating and Preparing for Christmas
Part of the fun of celebrating Christmas is getting ready for the holiday. Baking special cookies, making handmade greeting cards, and hanging up your holiday decorations is a wonderful way to get into the spirit of the season. Here are some quote ideas for scrapbooking these special memories:
- "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." ~Norman Vincent Peale
- "Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind." ~Mary Ellen Chase
- "Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles." ~Author Unknown
- "The joy of brightening a child's heart creates the magic of Christmas." ~W. C. Jones
Quotes About Christmas Gifts
What would Christmas be without the ritual of opening presents around the tree? Here are some quotes you can use for creating layouts about shopping for presents and opening special gifts:
- "Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money." ~Author Unknown
- "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."~ Peg Bracken.
- "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." ~Roy L. Smith
- "Open your presents at Christmastime but be thankful year round for the gifts you receive." ~Terri Guillemets
- "Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts." ~Janice Maeditere
Spiritual Christmas Quotes
When scrapbooking memories relating to church pageants and other spiritual celebrations, you may wish to incorporate the following quotes into your layouts:
- "There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries." ~W.J. Cameron
- "Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship." ~Dr. Thieme
- "Take Christ out of Christmas, and December becomes the bleakest and most colorless month of the year." ~A. F. Wells
- "Remembrance, like a candle, burns brightest at Christmastime." ~Charles Dickens
Additional Christmas Quote Ideas
For more Christmas quotes for scrapbook pages, please visit Christmas Quotes. This website contains a large collection of holiday quotations, as well as the lyrics to popular Christmas songs and Christmas jokes that you may wish to include in your scrapbook layouts. If you would prefer to use shorter sayings on your holiday layouts, Scrapbook.com has a large collection of Christmas title ideas.
Using Quotes in Your Scrapbook Layout
There are many different ways you can incorporate quotes into your Christmas scrapbook layout. For example:
- Use a quote as the title for your page. You can print the quote in a decorative font, highlighting key words with chalk or colored pencil. Another fun idea for a title treatment is to mix alphabet rubber stamps with letter charms, stickers, and other embellishments to make a mixed media title.
- Repeat a quote several times in a light colored font to make custom patterned paper for your scrapbook layout.
- Add a quote to a collage style tag that is used as a scrapbook embellishment.
- Incorporate a quote into the body of your scrapbook journaling.
- Print quotes directly onto photos that have a lot of empty white space in the background.
For more ideas on how to make a memorable Christmas scrapbook page, please review the following articles from LoveToKnow Scrapbooking: