Are you searching for Dad scrapbook paper to honor your father? You're not alone. In fact, sales in Dad-related scrapbook supplies spike each spring.
Dad Scrapbook Paper and Embellishments
You can create wonderful pages using these father-themed scrapbook papers and a bit of your own creativity.
Traditional Scrapbook Paper
Father-inspired scrapbook supplies from Scrapbook.com com in a variety of styles and themes, from hunting and fishing to sports and food. You'll find everything from assorted papers to die cuts, stickers, frames, and more.
Stepfather scrapbook paper from Masterpiece Studios provides a way to honor this special relationship. The lower right hand corner of the page displays the word "Stepfather" in bold font, while short yet meaningful phrases in varying fonts fill a robin's egg blue background.
Hint: You can always forego theme scrapbooking paper in favor of less busy backgrounds. For example, you might like to choose masculine colors and prints in shades of navy, burgundy and forest green. Simple backgrounds offer the opportunity to really embellish your page without making the layout seem overly cluttered.
It's easy to come up with ideas for scrapbook pages about your father.
You can use Dad's favorite hobbies as inspiration for your page layout.
- Football: Create a goal post and hang your page title like a banner between the posts.
- Sailing: Use water scrapbook paper for your background and make a banner out of a sail.
- Woodworking: Woodgrain scrapbook paper and sandpaper both can be used to great effect.
- Photography: Use Dad's negatives to create a page border on white background paper.
- Automobiles: Pepper your page with stickers of his favorite classic cars.
- Barbecues: You can create a grill top with striped paper and add appropriate food stickers.
- Golf: Use a grass paper background and sandpaper for a trap.
Does Dad enjoy what he does for a living? Include it in your scrapbook pages.Themes might include:
- Firefighter: Use cursive lettering in your title, but make it look like a fire hose with a nozzle at the end.
- Doctor: Add some tools of the trade to your page such as stethoscopes and thermometers.
- Policeman: Create your title in the form of a badge.
- Military: Here's a great opportunity to showcase any medals or commendations Dad may have earned.
- Teacher: Create a chalkboard background with black paper and use a white specialty marker for lettering. Include a small photo of yourself in a frame that says "Teacher's Pet".
Dad and Me
Nothing touches a father's heart like moments shared with his children. Create pages featuring photos of your father with you and your siblings through the years.Try using:
- Annual holiday family photos
- Candid shots from vacations