Spending some time at a high school or professional football game will help you think of some football scrapbook page ideas. From the colors of the uniforms to the cheers of the fans, everything related to throwing around the "pigskin" can be used in this scrapbook. This scrapbooking album can be for your son who plays quarterback after school or your father who played the game many years ago.
Football Album Page Ideas
The possibilities are endless when coming up with ideas for a football player's scrapbook. If the player has been involved with the sport for a few years, your album can be a timeline of his successes and failures. Football scrapbook page ideas can include the following information:
- Candid photos in uniform for each team with which he played -- both posed and in action
- Team colors and mascots
- Names of schools or organizations and the years played
- Team roster
- Positions played
- If possible, times and dates of each game
- Statistics for the player
- Teams' standings for each season
- If applicable, programs from championship games
More Football Scrapbook Album Ideas
The cover and shape of scrapbook is just as important as what's inside. Other ideas for a football player's scrapbook include:
- Color-coordinating the cover and pages with the team's colors.
- Making the album in the shape of a football jersey or a football.
- Creating an accordion scrapbook in the design of a football field. Each marker on the field can be a date in which there was a football game.
- Photo only pages that show the player "growing up" in uniform throughout the years.
Adding Character to Your Pages
Pictures alone do not always make for great scrapbooking pages. Quotes, memorabilia and other embellishments can brighten up your pages.
A good quote can tie together all the elements of a scrapbook page. Be sure that your quote relates to the page's topic and is not too wordy for what you want. Some quotes include:
- "Sports do not build character, they reveal it."
- "Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."
- "Baseball is what we were, football is what we have become."
- "Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the 'me' for the 'we.'"
- "Football is an honest game. It's true to life. It's a game about sharing. Football is a team game. So is life."
- "I don't know any other way to lead but by example."
- "Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable."
Since choosing the layout of your pages is pretty easy to figure out, the next step is including the embellishments. Those can include:
- Goal posts
- Football fields
- Football players
- Replicas of team mascots, banners or flags
- Foam fingers
Memorabilia can also highlight a page and can be a way to preserve some great moments. Such memorabilia for either a player can be:
- Programs from games
- Professional team photos
- Awards or certificates
- Pictures of trophies received
- Miniature team pennants
- Varsity letters
- School emblems
- Bumper stickers
- Sports schedule magnets
- Car magnets
Online Resources for Football Scrapbook Page Ideas
The Internet is filled with football scrapbook page ideas and places to purchase the supplies needed to design them. Here are a few places to look: