Halloween scrapbook supplies can provide the perfect backdrop for your favorite holiday memories. Whether you prefer a clean and simple scrapbook style or you want to make a frightening Gothic-inspired layout, there are plenty of options available.
Resources for Halloween Scrapbook Supplies
Your local craft or scrapbook store is sure to have a large selection of patterned papers, stickers, ribbons, rub-ons, and chipboard accents with a Halloween theme. Most of these items will be put out well in advance of the holiday, so you can plan your scrapbook page before you take photos of your favorite Halloween events. If you can't find what you need locally, the following websites have dedicated Halloween sections that make it easy to shop for papers, embellishments, and project kits:
- Scrapbook.com has a special Halloween section that includes orange cardstock, patterned paper, spider punches, glitter trim, and spooky stickers to help you preserve your favorite memories of October 31.
- A Cherry on Top Scrapbooking Shoppe features a Halloween scrapbook supply section that includes spooky, cute, and vintage supplies. With an exceptional variety of products available, it's easy to find something that suits your personal style.
- 123 Stitch has a nice selection of Halloween punches, templates, embossing folders, and dies for die cutting machines. If you like to make your own Halloween embellishments, this site is definitely worth a look.
- Oriental Trading is best known for its party supplies, but this site also has several budget-friendly scrapbook supplies with Halloween themes. This would be a great site to visit if you're looking for affordable supplies for a child who is interested in making her own scrapbook album.
In most cases, Halloween scrapbook supplies are limited edition items. Manufacturers release new lines each year. If you seen a collection that you love, buy what you need right away. If you wait too long, you may find that the paper or stickers you've been coveting are out of stock.
Digital Scrapbook Kits
Digital scrapbook kits with a Halloween theme are widely available online. Unlike the makers of traditional scrapbook supplies, the creators of digital scrapbook kits will keep their work for sale indefinitely.
- Indigo Chyld has a mini Halloween scrapbook kit on Etsy. This budget-priced kit is a great choice if you want to stick to traditional-looking papers and embellishments for your Halloween layouts.
- Designer Digitals offers a "Simple Classics" Halloween kit using an orange, black, and purple color scheme. The vintage-inspired kit includes papers as well as embellishments like tags, ribbon, buttons, and faux stickers.
- Sweet Shop Designs features the "All Year Round: Spookifications" by Traci Reed and Jady Day Studio for scrappers who want to play up the cuter aspects of the holiday. This adorable kit has several cartoonish monster embellishments and a selection of brightly colored patterned papers.
- The Digichick has a "Hocus Pocus" scrapbook kit that has a fun and festive feel with embellishments including Halloween party and trick-or-treat tags, Jack-o-lanterns, a black cat, candy corn. With around two dozen background papers and other elements, you'll never run out of page ideas.
Free Scrapbook Supplies for Halloween
If you're on a budget, free Halloween scrapbook supplies are perfect for borders, printed papers, and layout templates that you can use for your Halloween scrapbook pages. For best results, print your graphics onto acid free cardstock using the highest quality setting your printer allows.
You can also try making your own scrapbook embellishments using one of the following tips:
- Decoupage candy wrappers onto chipboard tags, frames, or alphabet letters to make interesting embellishments.
- Take detailed photos of your carved pumpkins, Halloween candy, and costumes. Punch the prints into squares or circles, then arrange along the side of your page for a visually appealing border.
- Incorporate memorabilia such as party invitations or art projects your child did at school into your Halloween scrapbook page.
- Repurpose old items in your stash by painting them black and orange. Try sanding, crumpling, and tearing your paper in order to add a spooky texture.
Creating Your Layout
Once you've gathered all the necessary supplies, it's time to begin creating your Halloween scrapbook layout. Get creative with page titles, embellishments, and photo placement for a truly unique Halloween scrapbook project. Putting your own spin on an idea is part of the fun of scrapbooking!