Monthly scrapbook clubs offer a chance to stretch your creativity while receiving cardstock, patterned paper, and embellishments delivered directly to your door.
About Kit Clubs
Monthly scrapbook clubs are designed to meet the needs of busy crafters who feel overwhelmed by all of the product choices available. When you join a kit club, you'll receive a package each month that includes enough basic supplies to complete several different layouts. All you'll need to supply is photos, adhesive, and a paper trimmer!
There are many excellent reasons to consider joining a scrapbook kit club. For example:
- If you don't live near a local scrapbook store, a kit club gives you a chance to try the latest and greatest products.
- Supplies in a monthly scrapbook kit are already coordinated, so you don't need to worry about matching patterned paper to your embellishments.
- Many kit clubs include step-by-step project instructions with your kit.
- Most kit clubs have websites that provide message boards or online forums for you to connect with other scrapbookers while sharing your latest layouts.
- A kit club membership often offers a discount over purchasing supplies individually.
Finding a Club that's Right for You
Since joining a monthly scrapbook club often requires a significant investment, it's a good idea to do your homework before committing to a membership. Consider the following:
- Is the club exclusively for scrapbookers? Some monthly scrapbook clubs also offer supplies for card making, rubber stamping, and altered art projects. Depending on what types of crafts you enjoy, this may or may not be useful.
- What financial commitment is required? Is shipping included in the price of the kit? What types of membership levels are available?
- Will you realistically use the majority of the items in the kit? If you seldom find time to scrapbook, buying a kit that includes enough supplies for 10-15 layouts per month is a guaranteed waste of money.
- Does the club offer a sampler kit to let you "try" the products before you join? Can you view design team layouts created with previous kits to help you decide if the products are likely to match your scrapbooking style?
Monthly Scrapbook Clubs to Consider
Not sure where to start your search for the perfect scrapbook club? Consider these options:
- Cocoa Daisy may be new to the scrapbooking world, but this great kit club is quickly becoming a favorite among style-savvy crafters. If you're looking for a quirky and electric mix of supplies, this is the club for you. Members can also purchase an additional coordinating cardstock kit each month - a convenient option for experienced paper crafters.
- ScrapRoom provides members with four individually packaged layout kits per month, featuring step-by-step project instructions and a complimentary gourmet favored coffee sampler packet so you can enjoy a special treat while you work. Separate clubs are also offered for crafters in search of cardstock, rubber stamps, or trendy embellishments.
- Hit Kit Club offers a main monthly kit plus additional Project Life, Embellisment, Color, and Paper kits. Past months' kits are also still availble.
Still looking for more choices? Life Is Sweeter by Design has compiled a detailed listing of 28 more kit clubs to try.