Music scrapbooking ideas let you create layouts that showcase the impact your favorite tunes have had in your life. Whether you prefer country, pop, rock, or alternative music, LoveToKnow scrapbooking is here to show you how to incorporate your love of music into your next scrapbooking project.
Music scrapbooking Ideas
There are many different ways to incorporate your love of music into your scrapbook layouts. For example:
- How has your taste in music changed throughout your life?
- Are there certain songs you associated with various periods in your life? What songs make you think of your teen years? What songs make you think of how you felt when you first met your spouse?
- What musical concerts have you attended throughout your life? Which performance was your favorite?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what inspired you to choose this particular instrument?
- If you had to pick a "theme song" to describe your life as it is today, what song would you choose? Do you have any particular songs that you associate with your friends and family?
- How would your life be different if you were a famous rock star?
Music-Inspired Quotes for Your Scrapbook Page
If you're looking for quotes to use as journaling starters for your music-themed scrapbook pages, consider the following options:
- "Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul" --Plato
- "Music's the medicine of the mind." --John A. Logan
- "Without music, life would be a mistake." --Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." --Victor Hugo
- "When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have." --Edgar Watson Howe
- "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." --Bob Marley
- "Music is what feelings sound like." --Author Unknown
- "If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope it will be from playing my stereo too loud." --Anonymous
Creative Embellishments for music-themed Layouts
music-themed scrapbooking supplies are widely available from any craft store or scrapbooking Web site. However, if you're looking for unique embellishments for your music layouts, try one of these great ideas:
- Create customized background paper. Lyrics.com makes it easy to look up the lyrics to almost any song imaginable. Use your favorite digital image editing software to design background paper featuring the words to your favorite tunes.
- Use free fonts to make an impact. TypeNow has a large assortment of free fonts that mimic the logos of your favorite bands. While most of these fonts aren't appropriate for large journaling blocks, they are great for creating unique titles or highlighting important words within your text.
- Take advantage of free scrapbooking graphics. Scrapbook Scrapbook has several music-themed kits that are available free of charge.
To learn more about creating music-themed layouts for your scrapbook, check out the following helpful links:
Additional LoveToKnow Resources
Discover new music, recommend your favorite songs, and listen to music with style at LoveToKnow Music.