Rotary cutters are rapidly becoming one of the most popular choices for scrapbookers in search of a reliable paper cutter for their crafting projects. These versatile cutters offer multiple solutions for cutting and trimming paper. If you're in the market for a new rotary cutter, try one of these brands.
Olfa is one of the top manufacturers of rotary cutters. They make multiple types of paper trimmers, but the 45mm Deluxe Ergonomic Rotary Cutter is the prime cutter for scrapbookers. This cutter:
- Cuts fabric, paper and leather easily - in fact, it can cut up to 6 sheets at a time
- Has a dual-action safety lock that keeps the blade out of reach when not in use
- Is made of tungsten carbide steel, so it won't wear out quickly
- Fits pinking, wave and scallop blades for specialty cuts
- Can be used by right- and left-handers alike
The Deluxe Ergonomic Rotary Cutter is reasonably priced under $35, and comes with Olfa's satisfaction guarantee policy that ensures a replacement cutter if you are unsatisfied with the original product.
Fiskars, the scissors manufacturer, also makes numerous types of rotary cutters. For comfort and ease of use, however, their top product is the Easy Change Ergo Control. Features include:
- Cuts multiple sheets of paper, fabric or even vinyl at a time
- A quick change, magnetic blade lock that lets you remove a dull blade and replace it with a fresh one quickly - a must for frequent users
- A blade guard that extends as soon as you release the handle, ensuring the blade is safe when not in use
- Ergonomic, long handle design with a soft touch that is both comfortable and easy to use
- Improved site on both sides for use by right- and left-handers
The Easy Change Ergo Control is under $30 and includes a lifetime warranty.
CARL products are well known for their quality and workmanship, and their rotary trimmers are no different. The PRT-100 Deluxe Personal Rotary Trimmer is ideal for scrapbookers who want a rotary cutter with built in guides. The PRT-100 Deluxe features:
- A swing out ruler and guide that measures up to 15-inches
- The ability to cut through up to seven sheets of paper, as well as mat board, vinyl and plastic
- The ability to use 11 different decorative rotary blades with the trimmer (sold separately) to create unique and decorative edges on each page
The PRT-100 Deluxe Personal Rotary Trimmer is well priced at under $35 and comes with a lifetime warranty.
A good rotary cutter can make your scrapbooking projects faster, easier and more professional looking than ever before. Invest in a good cutter, whether handheld or trimmer style and watch your projects take on new shape.