If you enjoy receiving cards from your family and friends, you may find yourself asking how to scrapbook birthday cards.
How to Scrapbook Birthday Cards
The right choice for how to scrapbook birthday cards depends on how many cards you have and how much time you want to devote to the project.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Create a pocket page so you can simply slip your cards into your layout. This is a quick and simple solution to preserving birthday cards, but it only works if you have a fairly small number of cards.
- Join the cards together into a mini-album, then attach the mini-album to your scrapbook layout. This will make it easy to flip through the cards at a glance, but it can make your page rather bulky if you're not careful.
- Scan and reduce the cards so you can include several small copies on your layout. This is a visually appealing scrapbook technique, but scanning can be rather time consuming.
- Save cards from several different years to create one special birthday card album. This approach is great if you're worried about your cards not being acid-free and potentially damaging the photos in your regular family scrapbook.
Embellishments Made From Birthday Cards
If you're not concerned about keeping your cards in their original state, there are a number of ways you can recycle birthday cards into frugal scrapbook embellishments. For example:
- Use the cover of a favorite birthday card to make a mini-album that lets you include extra photos and journaling on your scrapbook layout.
- Punch squares or circles from your favorite cards, then arrange the images into a colorful frame for your favorite birthday party picture.
- Layer several card fronts onto a piece of cardstock to make a customized background for your scrapbook layout.
- Use quotes and phrases from a card as a title for your scrapbook layout.
- Cut a tag shape from a pretty card, then top with a ribbon bow.
More Birthday Scrapbook Ideas
If you're looking for additional ideas and inspiration for how to scrapbook your birthday, check out the LTK Scrapbooking Birthday Scrapbook Ideas slideshow. This presentation features several projects that are easy enough for a beginner to complete in one hour or less.