Scrapbook layouts about getting a tattoo can be a great way to preserve the story behind your body art.
Obviously, the most important part of creating scrapbook layouts about getting a tattoo is finding amazing images for your story. If possible, ask a trusted friend to accompany you to the tattoo shop so you'll have photos of the design in progress. After you're finished, you'll also want to get a few close-up shots of your new tattoo.
When preparing your scrapbook journaling, consider the following questions:
- Why did you decide to get a tattoo?
- What is the significance of your tattoo design?
- How did you select your tattoo artist?
- How long did it take to complete your tattoo?
- How did you feel while getting your tattoo? Were you scared and nervous or simply excited?
- Did the process hurt as much as you expected?
- What do your friends and family think of your new tattoo?
- Do you plan to get any more tattoos in the future? If so, what designs are you considering?
Quotes that can be incorporated into a scrapbook layout about getting a tattoo include:
- "Beauty is skin deep. A tattoo goes all the way to the bone." --Vince Hemingson
- "When the designs are chosen with care, tattoos have a power and magic all their own. They decorate the body but they also enhance the soul." --Michelle Delio
- "Love lasts forever, but a tattoo lasts six months longer." --Author Unknown
- "The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos." --Author Unknown
- "Your body is a temple, but how long can you live in the same house before you redecorate?" --Author Unknown
Additional quotes about getting a tattoo can be found on the Vanishing Tattoo Web site.
Supplies for Scrapbook Layouts About Getting a Tattoo
Finding the right supplies for scrapbook layouts about getting a tattoo can be challenging. Ideally, you'll want something that supports the theme of your page without overpowering your photos. Fortunately, there are a number of manufacturers that have responded to the need for supplies for scrapbooking the story of your body art.
If you're looking for tattoo-related scrapbook supplies, LoveToKnow scrapbooking suggests the following products:
- Scrapbook.com's Inkadinkadoo stamping set will help you make your pages stand out.
- What's Up? themed paper kit is a great choice for pages with a tough, yet slightly sweet, feel. This line includes patterned paper, cardstock stickers, and epoxy scrapbook embellishments.
- "Inkfection" from Scrap Girls is a fabulous tattoo-inspired digital scrapbooking kit, but traditional paper scrapbookers could simply try printing the elements onto acid-free cardstock.
Stores that sell temporary tattoo designs can also be a great source of embellishments for scrapbook layouts about getting a tattoo. If you find a design you like, simply apply it to a paper tag using the normal application process.
If you're on a tight budget, check out the Free Fonts site for links to a number of tattoo-inspired typefaces and dingbats that you can use for your scrapbook layout.
Additional LoveToKnow Resources
For tattoo suggestions, tattoo care tips, and pictures of body art, visit LoveToKnow Tattoos.