Are you looking for scrapbook paper butterfly prints? Look no further. LoveToKnow Scrapbooking has tracked down papers, coordinating supplies and ideas to create wonderful pages for your memory book.
Scrapbook Paper Butterfly Prints
Butterfly scrapbook paper is one of the most versatile prints to work with. Butterflies go perfectly with feminine themes, nature themes, and vacation layouts. The patterns you'll find are just as diverse as the beautiful creatures that inspired their creation.
There's probably no shortage of great butterfly prints at your local scrapbook store, but we've found some very nice products online as well.
Creative Design Boutique
A visit to Creative Design Boutique yields some particularly lovely 12x12 inch papers and products.Butterfly scrapbook paper:
- Butterflies peach flat paper: This pattern sports an entire flock of pastel butterflies on a soft peach background.
- Butterflies peach embossed paper: This is the same design as the original, only the butterflies have been embossed to stand out above the page.
- Butterflies peach embossed vellum: This is similar to the embossed paper version, only on vellum.
- You'll also find complimentary patterns in all three paper types.
- Butterflies border: You can create a butterfly theme on any plain scrapbook paper with the addition of these border stickers from Grand Adhesions.
- Peach butterflies embossed stickers: This sticker set features a variety of the same butterflies found on the scrapbook paper. The embossing makes the images stand out nicely on a flat page.
- Butterfly words: More accent sticker from Grand Adhesions. Each miniature sign features inspirational words and a butterfly accent. Words include the popular "Live, Laugh, Love" and more.
- Rose charmers: This sticker set features two coordinating coral roses and one butterfly.
Anna Griffin scrapbook paper:
- Blythe butterflies: This beautiful paper features a variety of realistic butterflies in different colors and sizes. The background is pure white.
- Butterfly stamp: This single image would make a lovely page accent when stamped on a plain background and layered on the Blythe Butterflies scrapbook paper.
Two Peas in a Bucket
Two Peas in a Bucket also has a healthy selection of 12x12 inch butterfly print scrapbook paper. Designs include:
- Butterflies from the Times and Seasons collection by the Echo Park Paper Company is made up of two contrasting sheets, one with jewel-toned butterflies and the other a patterned red background.
- Buttlerflies Beautiful Life is also by Echo Park, with a similar theme. These butterflies are less detailed and smaller, with softer tones.
- Buttons and Butterflies from Jenni Bowlin Paper features an ecclectic collection of various prints and patterns in soft shades.
- Lovely Lucy and Darling Darcy are created by American Crafts. With pale blue and bright pink backgrounds (respectively), these stitched papers display a small collection of butterflies at the top right corner.
Make Your Own Scrapbook Butterflies
When you know how to create a simple scrapbook paper butterfly on your own, you're no longer tied to just using butterfly print paper to help you carry out your theme.
- First, choose any print paper or cardstock that strikes your fancy.
- Next, you need something to create the outline of the butterfly on top of the pattern. Options include:
- Use a die cut machine.
- Trace a light outline around an actual die cut butterfly and carefully trim around the lines.
- Stamp a butterfly and trim it out.
- You can use the piece just as it is, or add embellishments like buttons, pearls, wires and beads to create a body and antennae.