The layout possibilities are limited only by your imagination when you use star-studded paper. Stars are most often associated with Christmas and the Fourth of July, but this motif can easily be adapted to fit scrapbook projects year-round.
Free Printable Paper With Stars
These colorful star-themed printable scrapbook papers are PDF files. After you've saved them, print them out onto high-quality, archival, acid-free cardstock and trim as needed to fit your scrapbook layout. If you need help downloading and printing the files, use these helpful tips.
Where to Buy Star Scrapbook Paper
More pretty star-patterned paper can be purchased from the following online retailers:
- Under the Stars: This paper kit from Simple Stories features gorgeous navy blue astronomy-themed star paper as well as matching cardstock stickers and die cuts. It would be perfect for any camping layout.
- Stars and Stripes Collection: This patriotic paper pad from Doodlebug Designs gives you an assortment of red, white, and blue star paper that includes star designs as well as complementary patriotic graphics.
- All-Star Sports Scrapbook: If you're working on a page about your favorite athlete, this page kit from Colorbok is the perfect choice. It includes star patterned paper and stickers with metallic accents as well as complementary distressed patterned papers.
- Vintage Stars: This collection of 10 digital papers from Etsy seller Dony Designs is perfect for general scrapbooking projects. If you're not a digital scrapbooker, simply print the graphics onto the cardstock of your choice.
You can also save money on star papers by stocking up at post-holiday sales. Many craft stores offer deep discounts on paper with star designs after Christmas and the Fourth of July.
Ideas for Star Themed Layouts
Here are just a few of the many ways you can use star-decorated paper in your memory books:
- Christmas: Use star-studded scrapbook paper as a backdrop for your favorite Christmas family photos. Paper with rows of mini stars might also serve as a pretty base for 3D Christmas tree stickers or stamps. In addition, you can use nativity-themed scrapbook paper with stars to highlight photos of your children starring in church Christmas programs.
- New Year: Have a blast using star scrapbook paper for images snapped on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Paper featuring shooting stars can help brighten layouts that are further embellished with stickers of champagne flutes, party hats, noise makers, and numbers that combine to show off the festivities. Add gold and silver accents for a touch of sparkle.
- Fourth of July: Mix and match star and firework-decorated scrapbook paper to create a memorable Independence Day layout. A number of companies sell paper with star borders. Use this paper to frame shots of your kids enjoying the annual fireworks show, participating in parades, or waving a gigantic sparkler. Brush paper with a light layer of red, blue, or silver glitter glue to add additional visual interest.
- Halloween: Buy black scrapbook paper peppered with stars to use as a backdrop for shots of your costumed trick-or-treaters or a row of lit jack-o-lanterns. This neutral backdrop will allow colorful costume photos to take center stage.
- School Productions: Purchase scrapbook paper with large stars and place photos of your budding thespian right in the centers of the stars. You can further embellish the printed paper stars with flocking powder or foil. Rather than filling all the stars with photos, use some for journaling or adding a quote from your child's favorite actor.
- Patriotic Projects: Star scrapbook paper is ideal for patriotic projects, from layouts of your military hero to pages designed to honor your West Point grad. Look for red, white, and blue paper with additional flag motifs.
- Astronomy: Fans of astronomy love using scrapbook paper decorated with celestial bodies to show off their latest photos taken of the night sky. If your star paper doesn't feature as many constellations as you desire, embellish it with glow-in-the-dark star stickers.
Using Your Star Papers
While star scrapbook paper is a versatile addition to your supplies, it's important to plan out your layout prior to putting the paper to use. In most cases, scrapbook paper that is filled with stars can be a bit busy. Be sure not to overwhelm the layout by adding too many embellishments, especially if you are working with paper that features dozens of stars in a variety of sizes and colors.