Having a few scrapbook quotes about family readily available will make it easier to create layouts for your album. Since family memories are one of the most popular scrapbooking topics, avid crafters are always in need of inspiration for making special layouts featuring parents, children, grandparents, and siblings.
Using Quotes in Your Scrapbook Layouts
Scrapbook quotes about family can be appropriate for a variety of layouts. You can find quotes about:
- The importance of family
- Relationships between siblings
- Relationships between parents and children
- Relationships between children and grandparents
- Bonds with extended family
- Bonds between generations of family members
- Remembrance of family members who have passed away
- Friends who are almost like family
Quotes can be used as page titles, photo captions, or starters for your journaling. You can simply print off a quote using your favorite font or you can make a more elaborate embellishment by using rub-on letters, alphabet stamps, stickers, or metal letter charms to form the words in your quote.
Finding Scrapbook Quotes About Family
Many family quotes are sentimental, calling to mind images of loving families gathered together for special celebrations. For example:
- "Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family." ~Virginia Satir
- "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." ~Jane Howard
- "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." ~Desmond Tutu
- "In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future." ~Alex Haley
- "The family is one of nature's masterpieces." ~George Santayana
- "An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship." ~Spanish Proverb
If your family life is more like a sitcom than a Hallmark card, you may prefer to add quotes that are slightly humorous to your scrapbook pages. For example:
- "Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." ~Author Unknown
- "If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance." ~George Bernard Shaw
- "I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap." ~Rodney Dangerfield
- "Don't hold your parents up to contempt. After all, you are their son, and it is just possible that you may take after them." ~Evelyn Waugh
- "Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space." ~Evan Esar
For more scrapbook quotes, please review the following websites:
The books you read and your favorite songs can also be used as inspiration for family scrapbook layouts. Consider keeping a small notebook in your purse to use for jotting down favorite passages or lyrics that seem particularly relevant to your family. Even if you don't have a specific layout in mind, these quotes will come in handy during the times when you're struggling to get started on a project.
Interviewing Your Family Members
While scrapbook quotes about family that come from famous people can be great additions to your layouts, quotes from your actual family are fun to include as well. Try interviewing family members to get their perspective; children tend to be especially eager to share their thoughts about their siblings, parents, and grandparents.
Here are a few interview questions to help you get started:
- What makes our family unique?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- If you could describe our family in three words, what would you say?
- How do you think our family compares to other families?
- What is the best part of being in our family?
- How are you like other people in our family?
- How are you different from other people in our family?