With the amazing array of different 4th of July scrapbook paper on the market, the possibilities for making a memorable layout are practically endless. In fact, crafting a scrapbook tribute to Independence Day couldn't be easier when you use paper emblazoned with festive decorations from soldiers to sparklers.
Independence Day Scrapbook Paper Options
Celebrating the Fourth of July holiday is a time-honored tradition for Americans from coast to coast. Remembering and recognizing our freedoms and the unsung heroes who protect them on a daily basis is what Independence Day is all about. However, the Fourth of July holiday is also a major summer spectacle complete with elaborate parades, lavish picnics and spectacular fireworks displays. These elements serve as the inspiration for stunning 4th of July scrapbook paper featuring a variety of designs, including these popular motifs:
- American flag
- Red, white and blue stripes
- Military motifs
- Red, white and blue swirls and dots
- Uncle Sam
- Birthday cake
Download Free Fourth of July Scrapbook Paper
Where to Get Fourth of July Scrapbook Paper
Regardless of how you celebrate America's birthday, you'll want to document it with a memorable layout. Festive paper serves as the perfect backdrop for photos, memorabilia and embellishments that spotlight the day's activities. Fortunately, finding Independence Day-themed scrapbook paper is not hard.
Fourth of July paper is readily available in scrapbook stores and online year-round. However, you can score big savings by purchasing the paper in the days following the holiday. Post-Independence Day sales yield savings of up to 75 percent off at some retailers. If you are shopping in the off-season, it's best to browse online, as web-based retailers typically offer a wider selection of patterns and designs. Popular sites offering a variety of Fourth of July paper choices include the following:
If you are working on a budget or you are an advanced scrapper, then consider making your own Fourth of July paper at home. You can easily turn plain or patterned cardstock into scrapbook paper to use for a Fourth of July layout. Simply add a few embellishments. Try some of these ideas:
- Add red, white or blue ribbon for a border.
- Use your sewing machine to add some decorative stitching around the edges.
- Add your own stars and stripes to plain blue cardstock.
- Take a piece of white chalk and create a distressed look on a flag-inspired background.
- Decorate black cardstock with drawings of exploding fireworks with Stickles glitter glue.
- Place layers of tissue paper over plain cardstock to create a 3-D effect.
- Use leftover gift wrap paper with stars or flags to embellish plain cardstock.
- If you are crafting a smaller 5x5 scrapbook, then look to paper lunch bags as scrapbook paper. You can embellish them in the same fashion you would plain cardstock, plus you can add pockets for Fourth of July memorabilia or include tags for photos or journal entries.
Jazzing up 4th of July Paper
Once you decide on a paper design, you can further spice up your Fourth of July scrapbook layout by adding patriotic titles and sayings, such as: "Fun on the Fourth," "All Fired Up," or "Star Spangled 4th Fun." Another simple way to jazz up Independence Day paper is to add a few lines from popular patriotic songs, such as America the Beautiful, Yankee Doodle Dandy and The Star Spangled Banner.