Adding scrapbook travel phrases to vacation layouts can further enhance the look and feel of your designs. What’s more, the selection of phrases used in travel-themed scrapbooks is vast and varied, thereby allowing you to add whimsical or touching quotes to your memory book pages.
Popular Scrapbook Phrases
Fortunately, travel phrases are a dime a dozen, so you won't have a hard time finding ones to enhance your layouts. Popular sayings include the following:
- "When in doubt, go on vacation!" - Unknown
- "Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion." - Leigh Hunt
- "To travel is to live."- Hans Christian Andersen
- "A wise man travels to discover himself." -James Russell Lowell
- "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." - Unknown
Look for well-known travel phrases in books, magazines, and brochures. You can also find funny or thought-provoking phrases on the radio and in movies. You can also make up your own sayings to use in scrapbook layouts. For example, "Hawaii or bust," "Snacks - never leave home without them," and "Wisconsin: A true natural gem," may not be as catchy as ones found in books or uttered by famous movie stars. However, if they suit your page design, then there's no reason to leave them out. Don't rule out the idea of using standard travel phrases in your layouts. After all, travel scrapbooks are documentation of your personal journeys to favorite vacation destinations. What inspires you from each place should be determined by you and not potential viewers of your memory book.
How to Use Travel Phrases
Whether you are taking a family trip to Disney World or stealing off on a romantic vacation to a spa or the beach, there are hundreds of travel phrases you can use to accent layouts of your dream trip. Once you select your favorites, consider employing the following tips on how to use them to make your pages pop:
- Use a gel pen to write the phrases along the border of the page.
- Place the phrase in an idea bubble above or next to a photo of a travel companion.
- Use the phrase as a page title.
- Add the phrase to a photo frame or create your own by trailing the words around a picture.
- Repeat the words on the entire page to make it look as though the background features one long phrase.
Travel-themed scrapbooks can really benefit from some well-placed phrases. For example, if you are creating a memory book with photos and mementos from your trip to Las Vegas, then consider using related phrases, such as: “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” You can do the same for getaways to New York and Hawaii or a safari to Africa.
Finally, if you like the idea of using travel phrases on your layout but are not particularly inspired to dig them up online or in books, then simply purchase travel phrase scrapbook stickers. Most major scrapbook sticker manufacturers sell packages of travel phrases that easily adhere to layouts.
Regardless of how you choose to use travel phrases in your scrapbook layouts, you'll love the way these pithy statements sum up your vacation photos and journal blocks.