If you're looking for a unique scrapbook project to tackle, why not try creating a layout about your favorite pair of shoes? Although it's certainly fun to scrapbook big occasions like family vacations or weddings, ordinary moments deserve a place in your scrapbook album as well. Try some of the following layouts to put the scrapbooking spotlight on shoes.
Change Your Shoes, Change Your Life
A new pair of shoes can do amazing things. This page showcases how running shoes can inspire you to hit the gym and reach your weight loss goals.
To make this 8 ½" x 11" page:
- Make patterned paper by running the grunge clip art image from Vector Open Stock across the top and bottom of your paper.
- Add a 2 ½" x 2 ½" photo. This example has a grunge inspired filter over the image.
- Add your title. This title is written in 30 pt Galeforce BTN.
- Add your journaling. The journaling in this example is written in 16 pt Times New Roman.
Big Shoes to Fill
Make a layout filled with cute pictures of your toddler walking around in Mom or Dad's shoes. Write down some of the traits you've noticed that your toddler seems to have inherited from Mom or Dad.
To make this 8 ½" x 11" page:
- Mat three 4" x 3" photos on white cardstock. Place the photos in a line across your page, with the bottom of the photos being 7" from the top of the paper. The photos on the left and right will run off the page slightly. Trim as needed.
- Add two decorative ribbons to the top and bottom of the photo strip. This example uses ribbons from the Amy Tan Yes Please digital scrapbooking kit via Daisy Trail. (If you're interested in traditional paper scrapbooking, American Crafts makes a physical version of these items.)
- Add journaling. The journaling in this example is done in 16 pt Andalus type with a right alignment.
- Add washi tape below the journaling.
- Add shoe clip art and a title. In this example, the clip art is from the Open Clip Art website and the title is 99 pt Freehand575.
Summer Is for Flip Flops
For many, flip flops are a summer wardrobe essential. Why not pay tribute to your favorite shoes with a special scrapbook page?
To make this 8 ½" x 11" scrapbook layout:
- Mount a 4 ½" x 4 ½" photo on white cardstock.
- Make a collage arrangement on your paper by placing the journaling card in the lower left hand corner of your page, followed by the striped patterned paper, the photo, and the page title.
- Arrange the washi tape flags so they are touching the right side of the photo and the left side of the journaling card. In this example, all the page elements are from the American Crafts Shoreline digital scrapbooking kit via Daisy Trail. The journaling is written in 14 pt Galeforce BTN.
More Shoe Themed Scrapbook Ideas
Can't get enough shoe scrapbook ideas? Here are some pages you might want to include in your album:
- If the Shoe Fits: Shoes are often an important symbol of our identity whether we're wearing heels to the office or dressing up for Halloween. Make a layout showcasing a pair of shoes that makes you feel more confident, more ambitious, or more successful.
- Waiting for You to Fill These Shoes: Create a scrapbook page showcasing a photo of expectant parents holding up a pair of tiny baby shoes. Remember to include baby's due date as part of the journaling!
- Give a Girl the Right Shoes and She Can Conquer the World: Pay tribute to this famous Marilyn Monroe quote with a page about your daughter's favorite shoes and how they fit her spunky personality.
- Inherited the Shoe Gene: Do you love going shoe shopping with your female family members? If so, make a cute page showcasing some of your favorite purchases accompanied by journaling that explains how your love of cute footwear has been a bonding experience.
- Putting on My Dancing Shoes: Before you go out dancing with your friends, take a group picture of everyone in their favorite high heels. Your journaling could include your favorite clubs to visit, favorite songs to dance to, and a description of who is the best dancer in your group.
- So Many Shoes and Only Two Feet: Do you have a shoe wish list that's a mile long? Take window shopping to the next level by making a page dedicated to all the designer shoes you would buy if you had enough money.
Have Fun and Make Special Memories
Shoe themed layouts add a unique, whimsical touch to your scrapbook album. A creative layout will be a treasured keepsake for many years to come.