Scrapbooking quotes about children can set the tone for a scrapbook project or add that special touch to a layout. Expectant mothers creating baby books and mothers putting together scrapbooks about their children's achievements can use children quotes in their projects. You can find free scrapbooking quotes about children online, but may prefer to write your own quotes, and then experiment with creative ways to use them in a layout.
Free Scrapbooking Quotes About Children
There are many occasions that your family shares that you want to capture with a special scrapbook page or in some cases may warrant an entire scrapbook. Sometimes, your child may say something that is unique or funny that your family latches on to as a truism or expression of your family. Many times these phrases become part of your family culture repeated as a saying to express a certain feeling, idea or serves as a reminder of when your child first said it. These are just a few of the instances that may beg to be preserved in a family scrapbook. This is one way to truly capitalize on this type of quote and others to reflect events shared with your children.
Here are some free scrapbooking quotes about children that you can use in your scrapbook project:
General Baby and Childhood
- A baby's first words are a mother's favorite music.
- Parents see entire new worlds through their children's eyes.
- Family happiness is measured by children's laughter.
- Children sometimes play the family roles of both student and teacher.
- Students learn best from teachers who remember their inner child.
- Children who play the most, study the hardest.
- When children learn to dance, they learn to fly.
- The child athlete cheers for the game, not a victory or defeat.
- To parents, every child's birthday holds a special memory of the very first one.
- We should all embrace Christmas and the coming New Year with a child's joy and hope.
Mastering the Art of Scrapbook Quotes
Sometimes quotes can bring a scrapbook page alive. Quotes ensure that you capture the real feeling that you want to convey. Every child is unique and original quotes help reveal just how special your little one is. Once you have your quotes, the next step is to place them on the pages so they become an intricate part of the overall scrapbook page design.
Writing Original Children's Quotes
If you want truly original children's quotes, consider writing your own. Even if you are new to writing, you can learn to write good quotes for your scrapbook project. There are a few things you should keep in mind when you choose to write your own quotes. These following tips can help you:
- Write down the general message that you hope to convey in the quote on scrap paper. Read it outloud and think about how to turn it into a catchy phrase or quote. It may take several attempts before you get it phrased just right, so be patient and don't worry if your first attempts aren't perfect. Have fun experimenting with different phrases.
- Short phrases fit a page layout better. Keep the quote concise, short and no longer that one or two sentences.
- Keep a notebook handy so you can write down different funny phrases or sayings that your child says.
- Create sayings from the perspective of your child's favorite toys. This will make your scrapbook page highly personal to your child and one she'll always cherish.
How to Use Quotes in Layouts
Scrapbooking quotes are useful when you are unsure how to create a page layout. When you set up an entire page around a quote, it suddenly takes on a life of its own. Sometimes it's difficult to decide exactly where to place the quote. The following ideas on how to use quotes in a layout can guide you and make that decision easier:
- Write the quote along the border of a photo frame.
- Place the quote in a conversation bubble next to the photo of a person.
- Create background paper by repeating the quote continuously throughout the page in an artistic manner.
- Use the quote to narrate the page or as a description of the photos on the page.
Additional Online Resources for Children's Quotes
The Internet has many resources for scrapbooking quotes. The following websites have free child-themed scrapbooking quotes:
- Scrapbook.com: The Scrapbook.com site has over 600 quotes about children and childhood that are suitable for scrapbook projects.
- Denny Davis: The Denny Davis site has his original free quotes and poems about children for scrapbooking.
- Families.com: This site has baby, children's and family-themed quotes.
- Quote Garden: Quote Garden has a collection of sayings about children from famous people.
Make It Fun
Keep a fun spirit whenever you scrapbook. Look around you for inspiration. Play a game with your child and observe how she expresses herself. Soon you'll recognize unique ways you can reflect your child's spirit in a personal quote. These techniques can help you enjoy finding creative ways to use quotes about children in your next scrapbooking project.