If you're making a swim team scrapbook, it can help to have a layout designed around this theme. You can download and print this layout or use it as a digital scrapbooking template to immortalize those great team moments!
Swim Team Scrapbook Layout Ideas
In addition to the above free layout, these ideas will help you to create beautiful layouts that reflect the unique personalities on your swim team:
- Take a photo of the racing pool on a morning before anyone is out, and use it as a background for your scrapbook pages. You can also photograph the crowd at a swim meet and blur the enlarged photo to use it as a background paper.
- Duplicate your photos, and use scissors to cut out swim suits, life preservers, and other swimming-themed elements to enhance your pages. Duplicating photos also allows you to feature various aspects of a single image on the same page. For example, you can frame an enlarged section of a photo showing one racer, another photo showing a different racer, and a third frame with the original long-shot showing both racers in their lanes, all on the same layout.
- Use blue and white fabric rick-rack to resemble pool waves and white twine to create lane barriers on your page. Most fabric and twine is acid free. However, it's always a good idea to check supplies using a pH acid testing pen, found at most craft and fabric stores, before adding them to your scrapbook layout.
- If you have access to a waterproof camera made especially for underwater use, get permission to join the team in the pool at practice. Take some underwater action shots of the swimmers for a spectacular swim team scrapbook layout.
- When searching online for swim team elements, look for nautical and beach-theme titles. You may find some perfect additions to your layout.
- Layer several photos on one page, placing simple white border frames at various angles across the page. Team layouts can appear more cluttered than pages featuring just one person, so it's best to keep things simple. You can also position your scrapbook page titles over swimsuits and water elements, or fold scrapbook journaling papers up out of the way to include more photos on one layout.
If you need help downloading the printable layout, check out these helpful tips.
Create Your Own Layouts
To create your own swim team scrapbook layouts, look for water-related papers and embellishments to build your pages. If your child is a swimmer, stock up on scrapbooking goodies at the beginning of each summer, when the new and unique items are still in stock. Scan the scrapbooking aisles again after summer to catch clearance sales on basic elements and papers. With a few basic supplies and some inspiration and ideas, you'll have fun creating beautiful swim team layouts for your scrapbook album.